Recruitment badges are a great way to get young people engaged in the recruitment process. These can be awarded to young people who bring friends along to Boys’ Brigade. There are three awards to gain – Bronze (1 friend), Silver (3 friends) and Gold (5 friends). These badges are currently available free of charge from the Development Officer.
Company Development Scheme
We encourage Companies to use the ‘Company Development Scheme’. The Company Development Sche,e is a way of improving and building upon the work that Companies do, by providing structure to plan and review what we do in the BB. We are willing to help you implement this in your Company. Please speak to the Development Officer.
Company Health Check
We also encourage Companies to use the ‘Company Health Check’. This health check is designed to be an aid to that process, marking out areas that are important to the general smooth running of the whole Company. We are willing to help you complete this for your Company. Please speak to the Development Officer.
We offer a range of training courses, including: Building Yours Skills (President’s Badge); Youth Leader Training; First Aid; Holiday Leadership, and Captains Training. Please speak to the Training Convenor.
Each Section has one or more programme packs. They are as follows:
- Anchor Section: Anchors 1 and Anchors 2
- Junior Section: Juniors 1 and Juniors 2
- Company Section: Discover (including PB & DofE)
- Seniors: Challenge Plus (including QB & DofE)
We encourage Companies to offer:
- Junior Award Scheme for Schools (JASS): http://www.jasschools.org.uk/
- President's Badge: http://leaders.boys-brigade.org.uk/presidentsbadge.htm
- Queen's Badge: http://leaders.boys-brigade.org.uk/queensbadge.htm
- The Duke of Edinburgh's Award (DofE): http://leaders.boys-brigade.org.uk/d-of-e.htm
We are willing to do a ‘one-off’ activity class in your Company and/or help your Company to introduce JASS and advanced awards into your programme. Please speak to the Development Officer.
A Fundraising Guide is available. We are willing to help your Company complete funding application forms. Please speak to the Development Officer.
We can supply resources to support your Company in recruiting new members and volunteers:
- Under 11s Recruitment: Tool Kits, Bring a Friend invitations, etc. http://leaders.boys-brigade.org.uk/u11recruitment.htm
- Over 11s Recruitment: Tool Kits, leaflets, postcards, etc. http://leaders.boys-brigade.org.uk/recruitmentcs.htm
- Volunteer Recruitment: Tool Kits, leaflets, postcards, etc. http://leaders.boys-brigade.org.uk/volunteerrecruitment.htm
as well as arranging Company leaflet and railing banner printing.
We are willing to visit schools and promote BB on behalf of your Company and/or take RME lessons in your local school. Please speak to the Development Officer.
Public Relations / Publicity
A Local PR Guide for The Boys’ Brigade is available. We are willing to help your Company write press releases. Please speak to the Development Officer.
We encourage Companies to apply for the following:
- Matched giving
- Neighbourhood Partnership Community Grants
We can provide financial advice, guidance and support to your Company. Please speak to the Financial Administrator, Battalion Treasurer and/or Development Officer.
We have a small pool of PR, games/sports and expedition equipment for hire (free of charge). We are also willing to buy small pieces of equipment / resources for the benefit of all Companies. Please speak to the Administrator and/or Development Officer.
Wider BB Participation
We encourage Companies to participate as fully as they can in Battalion activities, competitions and events. The Anchors & Juniors and Company Section & Seniors Activities groups host a number of the above each year. Please speak to the Activities Group chairs and/or Development Officer. The Young Leaders’ Network also hosts a number of events each year. Please speak to the YLN Co-ordinator and/or Development Officer.
There are a number of Leaders in the Battalion that are ‘Holiday Leadership’ trained. We are willing to help smaller Companies run a residential experience as part of their BB programme. Please speak to the Development Officer.
There are a number of Leaders in the Battalion that are ‘Expedition and Outdoor Leadership’, ‘DofE Supervisor’ and/or ‘DofE Accredited Assessor’ trained. We are willing to help smaller Companies run an expedition as part of their BB programme. Please speak to the Development Officer.
We encourage Companies to build and maintain a close working relationship with their partner Church. We are willing to support Companies and Churches with the above. Please speak to the Battalion Secretary, Battalion Chaplain and/or the Development Officer.
- Online Brigade Manager (OBM) Resources: http://leaders.boys-brigade.org.uk/obmresources.htm
- Our Brand: http://leaders.boys-brigade.org.uk/ourbrand.htm
- Disability Advice Network: http://bbni.org.uk/nidisability.htm
- Logos http://leaders.boys-brigade.org.uk/logos.htm
- Photo / Cartoon Library http://leaders.boys-brigade.org.uk/photolibrary.htm
- Forms - All forms produced by The Boys' Brigade including Registration, Application and Consent Forms are available to download here.
- Factsheets & Publications http://leaders.boys-brigade.org.uk/factsheets.htm
- Document Templates http://leaders.boys-brigade.org.uk/templates.htm
- Press Release Templates http://leaders.boys-brigade.org.uk/pressreleases.htm