Canoeing / Kayaking Training Course
Unfortunately due to the lack of interest the decision has now been made to cancel this event.
Edinburgh, Leith & District Battalion has organised another paddlesport training weekend to take place from Friday 5th - Sunday 7th October 2018 at Craggan Outdoor Centre:
- primarily to develop Members & Leaders personal paddling skills, and
- secondly, to give Members & Leaders the opportunity to gain British Canoeing awards & in-house training.
The training course has been primarily designed for Seniors (S4 to S6) and Leaders in The Boys’ Brigade, but the course is also open to those in Company Section (P7 to S3). The training course is of particular benefit to Companies that regularly use Craggan Outdoor Centre and its paddlesport equipment.
Some of the British Canoeing awards & in-house training that can be worked towards during the training weekend include:
- Young people: Paddlepower Start; Paddlepower Passport; and possibly Paddlepower Discover*
- Adults: Paddlesport Start; 1 Star; 2 Star*; 3 Star Open Canoe; 3 Star White Water Kayak
- In-house safety and rescue training
* This is a 2-day course aiming to cover the 2 Star syllabus. There is no requirement to get assessed, but is an option over the 2 days. The coaches will work with you developing your knowledge, understanding and performance in the kayak & canoe against the 2 Star syllabus. If, for whatever reason, the coaches don’t get through the whole 2 Star syllabus, participants don’t wish to get assessed and/or coaches defer participants’ assessments, a follow up 2 Star assessment will be scheduled in the Central Belt of Scotland at the end of August / beginning of September.
If you would like to gain a 3 Star Open Canoe or 3 Star White Water Kayak award, please contact email@example.com before booking.
The estimated cost of the training course is £30 per Member/Leader. This includes accommodation, coaching and use of equipment. Participants must arrange own transport and meals for the weekend.
Participant places are limited to 8, but this may increase for which a waiting list will be in operation. Bookings will be taken on a first come, first severed basis.
CLOSING DATE: TUESDAY 18TH SEPTMBER 2018