- 29 Companies in Edinburgh, Leith & District
- 21 Seniors awarded the Queen’s Badge
- 1,000 Members and 200 Leaders
- Four age groups with progressive programmes
- Excellent sporting opportunities
- More than 13 BB camps each year
- High quality training for Leaders
Each week The Boys' Brigade works with thousands of young people. Today we are working with 1,000 children & young people in 29 groups across The City of Edinburgh, Midlothian and East Lothian Council areas.
The Boys' Brigade provides a balanced programme of activities for children and young people from 5 to 18 years old. These resources have been developed to help volunteer youth leaders work in a relevant and creative way. We hope through these programmes they will be able to make a positive contribution to a young person's life and be able to share their faith.
Our work is split into age groups as follows:
Anchor Section: for children in Primary 1 to Primary 3 (5 to 8 year olds)*
Junior Section: for children in Primary 4 to Primary 6 (8 to 11 year olds)
Company Section: for young people in Primary 7 to Secondary 3 (11 to 15 year olds)
Seniors: for young people in Secondary 4 to Secondary 6 (15 to 18 year olds)
* Note: The core age range of the Anchor Section is from 5 to 8 years, although some local groups start from 4 1/2 years. Ages for joining vary from group to group, please check with your local group.
The Object of The Boys’ Brigade is the advancement of Christ's kingdom among Boys and the promotion of habits of Obedience, Reverence, Discipline, Self-respect and all that tends towards a true Christian manliness.